"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Favorite Thing: A Food Coma

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that everyone reading this, and everyone on earth, is having a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends, family, and is laying horizontally right now just barely awake because they are in the midst of a glorious food coma.

I myself am writing this horizontal, in pajamas, on my bed while watching Community. And before I drift into food coma induced slumber, I wanted to take a second to address what I'm thankful for.

First of all, I'm thankful for my family. I love them and their various dysfunctions, and I'm especially thankful for all of the source material they bring me, because even my incredibly active imagination can't write such golden snippets of awesome. Thanks Family, I love you.

Secondly, I'm thankful for my friends, and by friends, I mean my true friends, the ones who read the blog. Friends are the family you choose for yourself, and I owe just as much thanks to them for keeping the blog entertaining as I do to anything else. Thanks Friends, I owe you, always.

Third, I'm thankful for Television. Always.

Fourth, I'm thankful for how absolutely fortunate I have been in my life to always have food in my mouth, a roof over my head, and clothes on my back. And while I hate to get serious and sentimental, so many people don't have those opportunities, and it is important to always remember how very fortunate we are.

And finally, I'm thankful for you, blog reader. Because nothing means more to me than feeling like people care about what I write, or even just want to read what I write. And I hope that if you are reading this, this post didn't get too sentimental for you, but seriously, you rule.

But now, I'm gonna go get some rest, because I ate A LOT of food today, and I need my strength for some serious online shopping tomorrow. Sweet Dreams of leftover's everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment