"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Thursday, July 1, 2010

In Media Res

I wish I could say I had an intense and insightful philosophical thought for the beginning of this blog, but of course I don't. Really I just enjoy adjectives. I once had an English Professor who informed me and my class of a quote by Mark Twain: "If you see an adjective, kill it." I really liked him, but this came as a hard blow for me. Ever since, I wrack my brain writing academic essays with as few descriptions as possible, but I compensate with overly described creative writing. It's a trade off I'm willing to make for now.

This blog isn't actually being told In Media Res, partly because I've never been a fan of the epic, but mostly because I'm writing about things as they happen to me. But this part of my life is In Media Res for now, and it doesn't seem fair to act like this is the beginning of any story, even of one for 6 weeks of the summer. It's not my first blog, or my first journal, or anything that would warrant this entry to be particularly titled as such, so I won't title it that way.

Today is Thursday, and I leave for London on Saturday. I have managed to assemble everything I'm intending to pack in my room but have yet to worry about actually packing that. In all reality that process will probably occur sometime tomorrow, probably while I should be sleeping. With any luck it will get done with enough time to make it to the airport without speeding over I270.

For now I'm just going to continue not packing and trying not to be too nervous for the upcoming adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment