"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Day of Classes

Today, God smiled on me. And I think today for (probably not) the first time I realized how absolutely extraordinary my life is. I'm gonna go on record and apologize for the bitching and whining I've been doing for the past 20 years. Except for the stuff about William Blake, he totally deserves it. But I wouldn't call that bitching anyway, more like creatively critiquing for amusement. Not that this means I will be stopping bitching and whining in the near future (or ever), because that usually makes for the most entertaining reading, but I'm just going on record saying that today, I finally realized how lucky I am and why my life is awesome.

I think I've finally reached the pinnacle of my academic career. I'm not exactly sure how I will ever top this quarter of my schooling. Syllabus Day has never been so amazing.

Two Words: 30 Rock.

Yup, that's right. Today, I watched 30 Rock in class. For credit. I can probably die happy now. Except I don't know how I'm ever going to top this. It was pretty epic.

Anyways, I'm instituting a new segment in my blog called entertaining things that Levi says. Levi is my Assistant Hall Director, and he basically makes my blogging easier by just existing. So I will probably include with each blog post some sort of amazing thing that Levi has said. I will try to keep them out of context in order to keep them as entertaining as possible.

"Lately I've been having these dreams about committing vehicular manslaughter and having to hide the bodies because I didn't want to go to jail, so I have to go to these elaborate means and the men are always wearing grey suits with white shirts and red ties."

This quote is funny out of context, but it is actually funnier in context, because the context is I walked into the office, Levi said this to me, and then walked out.

And just for fun, Adi showed me this excellent video to be my new philosophy on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment