"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Banana Cupcakes

Well as it turns out, shamelessly begging to God and all of your friends and family to be employed can sometimes actually help you. With the help of my new best friend on earth Maggie, I am officially employed by the French Loaf Bakery in Grandview, and Thank God!! So to practice for all the good baking and serving I will be doing, I made Banana Cupcakes!!!

Recipe:

1 and 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla
A pinch of salt
2 mashed up bananas

Mix ingredients together until batter is smooth and bake for 12-16 minutes at 350 degrees, but don't be worried if you have to keep them in a bit longer. The batter takes a while to fully bake, just be sure to test the cupcakes with a toothpick.

They should look like these beauties when they come out.

You can frost them with any flavor frosting you like. I did chocolate, but I'm sure vanilla, cream cheese or peanut butter would also be quite delicious.

And then I decorated them with some walnuts and banana slices. You could mix walnuts into the recipe above as well if you wanted the crunch inside the muffin, or omit them completely if you or someone you knew had allergies. Whatever floats your boat.

And I bought this fun little cupcake carrying box for 50 cents at Target. Now they are delicious and adorable to boot!

The finished product! I hope you all enjoy these treats at home.

I'll be posting more recipes and makes pictures soon. Or you should feel free to come visit me at The French Loaf in Grandview when I'm working!

No comments:

Post a Comment