"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Un-Complete-Able Summer List

Now that I have finished with the GRE and still desperately unemployed, I'm starting some sort of mission to do a whole bunch of things this summer that I will of course not be able to complete.

The un-complete-able summer to-do list is as follows. Please comment suggestions for additions; I will take all of them seriously.

1. Learn to bake from scratch.
a) Focus on Cupcakes

2. Read as many books as possible.
a) This list is to be compiled from GoodReads as well as suggestions from friends, family, strangers and the Staff Recommendations section at Barnes and Noble.
b) This list begins immediately with Bossypants by Tina Fey, The Hunger Games Trilogy, Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris, The Millienium Trilogy, and Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.

3. I'd like to arrange at least two songs for Meshuganotes, starting with the super secret senior song that I will not reveal on the interwebs, and then one other song that will be equally as awesome.

4. I'm going to watch hopefully 20 more movies over the summer, as to help reach the goal of 200 by the end of the year. And I'm going to start reviewing them as I watch them, because that sounds like a valuable skill to be practicing. And because once upon a time I wanted to do 10,000 hours of writing before I turned 30, and considering I'm not actually chronicling that, the best I can do is to just write a lot.

5. I'm trying to watch 2 or 3 more complete series of television. I'm already finished with Dirty Sexy Money and halfway through Flight of the Conchords, so all I have to do is pick one more. I'm thinking Lost. I just love that lack of pay-off.

6. Get a Job. This is probably going to turn out to be optional.

7. Apply to Grad Schools and/or figure out something else meaningful to do with life.

8. Get Tan. Also optional. Really more related to luck than skill.

9. Budget money and not waste all savings shopping. So far, so good.

10. Finish List.

Please comment suggestions for expansion!!

1 comment:

  1. 2. read good omens by neil gaiman and terry pratchett.
    3. tell me what songs you're arranging.
    5. how great is flight of the concords?
    10. come to israel.

    ReplyDelete